For 15 years, I've worked at leading design agencies and consultancies across the globe. I use design interventions to solve wicked problems for executive clients by leading multidisciplinary teams. We do this together.
I start by asking, ‘Why’ and then design solutions that propose, ‘Why not’. I mine new customer insights based on quantitative and qualitative research and synthesise human-centred design solutions with short, mid and long-term strategic interventions - all supported with realistic implementation methodologies.
In order to design the future, you need to know how to challenge the norm and convert big ideas into reality. An idea is simply not enough. You need to know how to make it happen.
Areas of expertise: transformation, innovation, strategic design, inclusive design, wicked problems, design ops
- MA Service Design | Royal College of Art
- MBA Elective | Behavioural Economics | London Business School
- Service Design Foundations
- Advanced Methods & Materials
- Designing Businesses
- Managing Design & Operational Strategy
- Social Innovation & Future Services
- Implementing & Deploying Services at Scale
- Dissertation: Critical Historial Studies
- RCA Futures Lab Research Associate
- UN Women CSW 67 Official Delegate
- Hope Feeds Hackathon
- Future of Finance Hackathon
- RCA Service Design Executive Education Facilitator
- IBM + Philips Service Design Challenge