366% million people worldwide are using dating apps to meet new people. However, online dating app usage brings negative consequences, particularly on mental health, such as negative self-image and diminished self-esteem. For young individuals, the journey of finding the right match often becomes a repetitive cycle of swiping and disappointment, as they struggle to establish meaningful connections due to their difficulty in opening up.
Our project focuses on fostering self-understanding and self-appreciation to boost users' self-esteem, enabling them to form healthier connections.
- Low self-esteem triggers greater fear of rejection from others and holds people back from opening up.
- Young people with low self-esteem don’t want to face their low self-esteem.
- Even though young people are digital natives, they prefer building connections in person.
Our approach is to boost young people's self-esteem so they can form healthier and meaningful relationships.
We want to help users improve their self-acceptance, normalize “me-time” and provide a space to form connections organically.
Solo-Dates is a platform for users to self-date, appreciate themselves while providing a safe environment for cultivating genuine connections with themselves, among people.
Our vision is to help young people feel better about themselves by turning negative self-image positive. We want to establish the notion of self-care amongst our users so they engage in healthier relationships. Solo Dates aims to provide an early intervention channel to educate young people, empowering them to go on solo-dates and reflect on their actions. Solo-Dates help young people practice self-care activities in their everyday life, which would improve their well-being and mental health.
- NHS West London: Provide a new way to engage with young people and provide insights on how they prefer to be supported. Solo-Dates acts as a channel to spot young people in need and proactively support them.
- Let Me Know: Solo-Dates complements the missing piece of education on building healthy relationships on top of their approach of spotting healthy and unhealthy relationships.
NHS West London, Let Me Know