Xu, Mingxi is a sound artist/designer based in Shenzhen and London, with a strong belief in the power of sound as a fundamental force for communication. She actively engages in the fields of sound arts and sound design for film, television, and games. Her passion also lies in sound storytelling and narrative sound across various mediums.
Driven by her curiosity, Mingxi's main motivation stems from exploring the use of sound in shaping the real world and envisioning potential futures. She firmly believes that through this approach, the possibilities of sound can be further explored and expanded.
· MA Information Experience Design, Royal College of Art (United Kingdom)
· BFA Art Science & Technology, Communication University of Zhejiang (China)
· Womb 2139 (Artificial Womb) (Electro-acoustic): Exhibited at the MU Gallery, Netherlands, 2022
· Solid (Electro-acoustic): Featured at the Monteaudio Sound Festival, Uruguay 2022
· Womb 2139 (Artificial Womb): Invited to present at the IRCAM Centre Pompidou 2023 Forum, France 2023
· Genesis (Electro-acoustic): Performance at IKLECTIK 2023
· Genesis (Electro-acoustic): Featured at the FILE Festival, Brazil 2023
· Artificial Womb (Electro-acoustic): Featured at the FILE Festival, Brazil 2023