A British designer, researcher, storyteller, and creative strategist committed to creating a better future through collaboration.
With a background in product design from Sheffield Hallam University, I have always taken a holistic, people-first approach with my creative thinking. Prior to pursuing my MA, I gained experience working as a product designer and a UI/UX designer at Jaguar Land Rover where I was involved in designing multichannel digital experiences. Throughout lockdown, I began to question where I could apply my passion for human-centric design in a deeper way. I came to realise that the majority of products that we encounter, specifically in sectors that interest me, are actually part of a larger service network. My awareness of design expanded to recognise its intricate and subtle nature. With a desire to develop a more innovative and empathetic approach to problem-solving and design, I found myself redirecting towards Service Design and the RCA. I have since developed a deeper desire and curiosity to understand users’ needs and complex systems, considering everyone involved to tackle the most complex challenges and influence positive change.
Now blending my diverse set of skills from product creation to service thinking, my passion is focused towards social and sustainable impact, health systems, education, and the formulation of social cohesion. Playing a part in the development of a world in which all people belong and contribute to thriving societies is what inspires me.
- MA Service Design | Royal College of Art
- BA Product Design | Sheffield Hallam University
- Service Design Foundations
- Advanced Methods & Materials
- Designing Businesses
- Managing Design & Operational Strategy
- Social Innovation & Future Services
- Implementing & Deploying Services at Scale
- Dissertation: Critical Historial Studies
- RCA Service Design Executive Education Facilitator
- Mind UK Hackathon
- IBM + Philips Service Design Challenge 2022 Finalist