Anupama S Iyer is a communication designer-maker from India currently based in London. Iterative and cross-disciplinary in nature, her work considers materiality and stems from tacit knowledge generated by making. Her work seamlessly flows between illustration, experimental animation and film-making and publication design.
Growing up listening to folklore of the land and moving between different cities led her to become a keen listener and observer of her surroundings. Recipient of the Gordon Peter Pickard Drawing Prize in 2022, Anupama’s work investigates the narratives that lie in-between, within and around different geographies.
Her experience as a children’s book illustrator deepened her understanding of the power of fiction, world building and play.
Children’s Books published by Tulika Publishers, Chennai:
- Baby Board Book: Dosa Amma Dosa
- Bi-lingual Book: Where Shall I Paint?
- Paper Back: The Boy with 2 Grandfathers
- Without Boundaries, RCA White City, 2022
- Roadside Picnic, Cromwell Place, 2022
- Chancellor's Circle, RCA Battersea, 2022
- Work-in-Progress Show, RCA White City, 2023