Aastha Patel (b. 1996) is a visual artist from Mumbai, currently based in London,UK. She completed her BA in Psychology and Film studies at SIU, India. Her practice is inspired by the psyche and the history of film. In her work she explores the body and its relation to natural formations, and the capacity for images to be transformed into sculptural objects through alternative processes. Aastha wishes to explore how photographs go beyond the digital, into a realm of haptics.
She's looking to understand and critique the patriarchal system that damages the psyche, to return the experience of the body back to the spectator. It is only by making and creating that one can heal. She wants to share this way of being with her viewers and the models she works with.
- 3rd-13th July, Off_RCA, Arles 2023, Atelier ALonso, Arles, France
- 13th-16th July, RCA Graduate Show 2023, Truman Brewery, London, UK
- 1st July-31st December 2023, Method Gallery (Online), Mumbai, India
Shows and publications:
- Two Third Floor exhibitions at Royal College of Art (2022+2023)
- Published in Condé Nast Traveller (2020)